Enrollment Procedures for New Students
The first step for enrollment in The Montessori School is to contact the school office to make an appointment to tour our campus. All prospective families must arrange a visit to the school for this meeting that usually lasts around one hour. Please do not bring the prospective child to this initial meeting.
This first meeting includes an introduction to the school’s philosophy and methodology, a tour of the campus and educational environments, and an extended question and answer session with Ms. Hayes. After your initial meeting, the following steps for enrollment occur:
- Complete and submit the application form and the nonrefundable application fee to the school office.
- Schedule an appointment for the student to meet with the teaching staff. Primary students will spend 45 minutes to an hour working with a teacher. Elementary students will spend two days in the classroom working.
- Complete an enrollment contract.
- A student is considered enrolled ONLY when the admission fee is paid and a contract is signed and returned to the school. All subsequent paperwork must be completed by the indicated deadlines.
- Current students and their siblings are re-enrolled/enrolled in December/early January.
- Open enrollment for Fall (August) 2017 begins January 17, 2017.
- At all other times of the school year, admissions to our primary program are done on a “rolling” basis: that is, children are both considered and accepted if and when spaces become available.
- Prospective families are encouraged to begin the enrollment process the year before they wish their child to attend.
- Placements are determined by the Head of School and the lead classroom teachers according to the Montessori principles balancing age and gender in the classroom.