Exploring the Montessori Method
3908 Jenny Lind Road
Fort Smith, AR 72901
Join us for our first Montessori Book Club as we read and explore Understanding Montessori: A Guide for Parents by Maren Schmidt, M. Ed.
Parents of current students, future students, or those who are interested in learning more about Montessori education will benefit from this book. Attendees will examine the method, principles, and learn, among other things, what makes a Montessori classroom different from a traditional classroom and how to apply the method at home.
Presented over six weeks, each session can stand alone or be combined with others to give you deeper insight into a Montessori education.
- Week 1 (2/24): “So You Keep Hearing about Montessori?”
- Week 2 (3/3): “Why Does the Montessori Method Work?”
- Week 3 (3/10): “Montessori Principles: More Than Teaching”
- Week 4 (3/17): “How Does a Montessori Environment Work?”/”What? No Grades?”
- Week 5 (3/31): “Assuring Success”
- Week 6 (4/7): “Seeing from a Child’s Point of View”
Call the school (479) 646-7225 with questions or to register.