Montessori is a comprehensive educational method that spans birth to adulthood. Beginning her work over a century ago, Dr. Maria Montessori developed this approach based on her understanding of children’s natural learning tendencies as they unfold in “prepared environments” for multi-age groups.
The main purpose of The Montessori School is to provide a carefully planned, stimulating environment geared toward the developmental needs of each child that will build an excellent foundation for creative learning.
The specific goals for the children who attend a Montessori school include:
- Developing a positive attitude toward school
- Individualized learning activities
- Engaging in a learning task that particularly appeals to him or her and is geared to his or her needs and level of readiness
- Working at his or her own rate, repeating the task as often as he or she likes, thus experiencing a series of successful achievement
- Developing self confidence